Friday, October 26, 2007

Antony's dreams & realities

Watch Antony tell a little about his life in Africa.



Antony's words....
"When I finished my grade school in Nov. 2005, I had no hope of joining high school having been born in a family of three children and an orphaned cousin all being taken care of by our single mother. I had very little hope of joining high school even though when the results were out I was on the top-10 list of the best students. I had little to celebrate. When I got a chance again to visit the CFCA office to write for my siblings, I applied for a chance for the scholarship and my greatest joy was when I was informed that I had got a chance. I was so happy and for once in my life, I saw I had an opportunity to dream. I want to thank our dear sponsors for making it possible for us to go on with our education without any interruptions; a privilege that is only for the rich in our country and I want to give you my word that we will utilize these chances by doing our level best academically to uplift our living and that of our community at large."

- Antony, a sponsored student in Kenya

No comments: